Saturday, January 08, 2011



My art for the day is a "rescued" experiment. My friend Dee Dee and I experimented with Beryl Taylor's reverse applique technique from Beryl's "Mixed Media" Art Quilt Video from Interweave Press. OK, OK I'll admit that I don't have the longest attention span and that I do like instant gratification, so when my project didn't seem to be working out I set it aside and opted for another project. Well you can call me a lot of things but a quitter isn't one of them, soooooo I found new hope in the little applique this morning, when I looked at the piece it resembled the letter Q, with that in mind I beaded, water colored and stamped paper, banged some metal and quilted... WAA-LAA! Here's my project of the day with a few detail shots below. Ahhh the sweet smell of success.



2 comments:

Charmion said...

I love what you do with leftovers!

Penney said...

I, too, have that video and I love what you've done with it. I'll have to get my *ahem* unfinished blocks out and play. Thank you for the inspiration!